Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pirates

The new Pirates of the Caribbean movie was very average. I don't know if it is because I have grown up, or if it was just actually not that good. It just didn't have the magic the old ones had. I don't know if that was the mostly new cast or if it had to do with something else. It was very predictable. Johnny Depp put on a good as ever performance, but the rest of the characters seemed to be lacking motive. Penelope Cruz, while be extremely attractive and sexy, still hasn't fucking learned goddam English yet. Her fucking accent drives me insane. Actually it's not her accent in particular, its all famous Hollywood stars who are insanely fucking rich and can't afford how to learn how to fluently speak English for their roles. to quote Samuel Jackson from Pulp Fiction, " ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?"That shit pisses me off. Hugh Jackman can do it. I've seen him. He is an amazing Broadway trained actor and it shows in the quality of his acting. At every award show I've ever seen him at he speaks and sounds like the full blooded Aussie he is, but you would never be able to tell from watching his acting in movies. I respect you Hugh Jackman. Not that you give a shit to be validated by an anonymous blogger sitting in his living room on his laptop, but in case you do, I respect you. Playing Wolverine definitely helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment